The Slowboat from China

Back in September 2019, I ordered a bit of tea from Yunnan Sourcing during one of their sales (IIRC?) or maybe I just ordered tea without the sale. Regardless, I ordered tea.  Usually, I order using the faster shipping, but I picked the much slower boat shipping this time around, for whatever reason. I am blaming the lack of tea!

It takes about 7-12 weeks for tea to arrive via this type of shipping, WHICH I KNEW! However, due to circumstances, I was going to lose access to the shipping address where I sent my tea! So, I was a bit antsy on that front.

However, precisely at 7.5 weeks (the last week I would have full access to the location), the shipment ARRIVED! Hallelujah! It was a bit worse for wear, but everything was intact. I've never been so happy to see a box.

When I got home, I greedily broke into it! Although, by this point, I think I had pretty much forgotten what I ordered.

Did I really order this much tea? Yes. Yes I did. (Honestly, didn’t think I ordered this much. I blame the "lack" of tea...)

Some are just sample packs as I want to do a comparison of different teas but still...
Did I really order this much tea? Yes, yes, I did.

I ordered a 2019 cake of their Purple Voodoo Tea coz I loved the 2018 version and I didn't want them to sell out before I ordered it. I also ordered a couple of other teas that I loved and was running low in the cupboard.

I "think" need to wait at least 2 weeks to let the tea climatize before I can drink them. I was told by others that I don't have to wait. Maybe I'll do a tasting of teas to see how they change over time?

Where the hell am I going to put all this tea?  Maybe I should just open up my own damn tea shop.


Or maybe I should stop ordering so much damn tea....Also, I'll always pick the faster shipping from YS. I can't stand the wait!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye Tea, Long Live the Tea: 2006 Da Hong Pao

Tea Session: Emperor's Yellow Tea

Tea Session: Lady Orchid Ginseng Oolong