San Francisco Tea Festival

This was the very first year I went to the San Francisco International Tea Festival. I first learned about it from my friends who were posting about it on social media....the day after. I was so bummed!

So, I planned it out for the following year and scheduled my vacation around it. A friend of mine (also first time going) came with me and I planned to meet up with other friends while there.  I had an amazing time this weekend; tried so many teas and learned a bunch of things!

This year the venue was at the Palace of Fine Arts, and although parking was not the greatest, it was a good venue -- plenty of room.

There were so many vendors with such good tea, but I had (more or less) a list of things that I wanted to get/try:
  • A good Assam / Keemun
  • A good puerh
  • Try out Kenyan purple tea
  • Try Korean blue pea flower tea
  • Try out different vendors
And there were so many different vendors with various types of tea ranging from mixed blends to one varietal to tisanes. I was tempted by many.

There were bagged teas, pre-bagged teas, lots of "novel-teas".
 

Some were as simple as gaiwans  being served.
Some brought an entire tea table.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tea Session: Emperor's Yellow Tea

Jiang Po Ni Yixing Clay Teapots

Goodbye Tea, Long Live the Tea: 2006 Da Hong Pao